Each server or group has what is known as a "Deploy Hook", this is a URL that you add to BitBucket as a web hook so Deploy is notified when new commits are pushed to your repository and can start automatic deployments.
Getting the "Deploy Hook" URL for a server
- Firstly navigate to the "Servers and Groups" page via the Settings on a given Project page: You can also access the page via the Servers box under a given project, inside the main Projects page:
- Next head to the edit page for the server:
- Find and make a note of the URL under the Automatic Deployment heading on the right hand side:
Adding the "Deploy Hook" to BitBucket
- Open your repository up in BitBucket (there's a shortcut at the top of Deploy labelled "Browse Repository") and click the Settings icon:
- Choose Webhooks from the left hand menu.
- Click Add Webhook:
- Enter a meaningful name for your Webhook, and paste the URL from the Deploy Hook box into the URL box and hit Save.
- That's it! With this set up Deploy and BitBucket will now work together to automatically push changes to your server.